Saturday, June 14, 2003

I called Mike. Surprise, surprise.

I asked if we could get together to talk sometime. He wanted to right now. I told him that Mary was showering, I needed to shower, and we were going to have lunch with Alex, and suggested we meet in a few hours. He flipped out. He says he doesn't have a problem with waiting, but he has a problem with waiting while I'm "with Alex". It turned into another fight. (This is a recurring issue -- he has a problem with me spending time with any friends. He wants to be my first priority 100% of the time.) Why does he always have to be so fucking jealous and possessive? Alex is my best friend. He was here to pick me up last night when I was falling apart. He will be here for me if things work with Mike. He'll be here for me if things don't. I'm not going to cut him off just because Mike is too jealous to allow me to maintain friendships outside of our relationship.

Sigh.

I stuck by my guns. I'm going to meet with Mike in a few hours. Not sure yet how that'll go. Judging from our conversation right now, it doesn't look good, but things can change.

No comments: