Wednesday, April 09, 2003

Mary said I should update my blog, because it told her it feels neglected.

So...

Umm...

Hmm.

I haven't been in a very prolific mood lately. I did find some writing I'd done early on in college while digging through some old papers yesterday, though, and was considering typing some of that up and posting it on the web. It's nothing amazing; a bit of trite poetry, a few short fiction pieces, and a couple of essays that were semi-decent, but they were still better than I remembered them being. So, yeah. Check in every so often, and perhaps you'll find those linked up sometime soon. Excitement galore.

Other news in my life:

My dog is happy. I got him new dogfood today. And we went for a walk -- he got to bark at a UPS truck, at a cat, and at another dog. I wonder if UPS trucks make some sort of noise that is outside the typical human's hearing range; Louie never barks at other cars or trucks, just at the UPS one.

My birds are happy. The sun is shining and their window is open.

I finally dug up my original ACT score report so that I could request that a score report be sent to UW. Both the SAT and the ACT require you to know the exact month and year in which you took the test, in order for them to be able to send out score reports. I knew I took them in '95 or so, but the month was a stumper. It turns out that 10/95 is the magical date on which I took my ACT.

So, having finished off that score report request, I'm done dealing with all external materials for my college transfer applications. Now I've just got to get my butt in gear and finish up my personal statements, and I'm good to go. That's work for this afternoon, maybe.

My tango teacher offered me a deal; I'm going to do some administrative work for he and his wife and possibly code them up a bit of software to help with stuff as well, and in return they're going to give me free private lessons. He's being all formal about it. It's a 1:1 ratio; I get one hour of private lessons for each hour of work. The lessons are transferrable -- I could pass them on to friends or such -- but for now I think I'm going to use them myself. He's also going to feed me lunch two or three times a week, and once in a while we'll go walk around greenlake -- that's the employee health benefits package. ;-) Yay for bartering. It kicks ass.

Seattle is really starting to feel like home. I hope school here works out.

Anyhow, I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of anything offhand and I need to run. More later.

No comments: