We're moving this month, to a smaller place. In the process of trimming down for the move, I've been sorting through boxes of papers ranging the last 15 years.
Just now I found a small sheet of crib notes I must have made for a job interview some time back:
It was so...thorough. I don't feel like I'm really thorough in that way about anything I do in my life now. What happened to that Kat? When did I become so complacent? When did I stop asking questions?
- growth potential?
- fast moving or stagnant?
- how many recent new hires?
- can people move on if they don't like it, or are they locked in for some time?
- mobile? immobile?
- consistent? (~ no growth)
- how marketable will I be, coming out of your area?
- how are you on training? will you help me? mentors? how do you help new people get on board?
- how is your dept for teamwork? do people work together? or alone on separate components (as a "team")?