Monday, April 28, 2003

My car has a tic.

Sometimes, for whatever reason, it willl give a swipe with its windshield wipers. Usually just one swipe. Often when I am turning left. For the most part, this is just a cute idiosyncrasy -- I love my car all the more because it is unique in this way.

Recently, however, the car has suffered some damage as a result of this tic. Windshield wipers, when wiping on a dry windshield, fight against much more friction than they do when wiping on a wet windshield. My car wipes indiscriminantly, often when the glass is dry, to the detriment of the passenger side wiper which has begun to fall apart. It has torn the rubber all up, and I'm going to need to replace it soon before it starts wiping metal against glass and does some real damage.

My poor neurotic car -- we're just two peas in a pod.

No comments: