Sunday, June 22, 2003

I love having Mary here, and it's great spending so much time with Mike - but wow, it's really nice to have a little time and space all to myself.

So I turned on the TV, just for kicks, and I actually get some sort of reception here, even without bunny ears. Better reception than I ever got in Redmond even with the bunny ears. Imagine if I hadn't broken the old bunny ears. Crazy. Welcome back, old friend TV.

I've been doing more nesting. Today I hit the kitchen with bleach again. I've been methodically working my way through all the cupboards, cleaning and disinfecting, and am about 3/4 of the way through now. I found what I believe to have been a cockroach my second day here - fast little bugger. I haven't seen any of the like since, but I decided to thoroughly disinfect anyway. I don't mind most bugs, but cockroaches are not cool. Spiders are great. They eat the less nice insects, mosquitos in particular. They don't eat my food, and they generally live and shit in far corners or somewhere on the floor. Cockroaches eat bacteria in my kitchen, and roam about and shit in my food. Not cool. I also did more cleaning and general arranging of stuff. Already, this place feels more like home than any other apartment has since I lived with Mike in Minneapolis.

So I've started a diary offline - lately I've come to feel that some things just aren't for everyone's eyes, or even for anybody's eyes outside of my own. I thought about keeping it online in a different, non-publicized location - the exhibitionist in me cries out to write someplace where somebody might eventually come along and read what I've written. Then again, I'm doing this to fulfill a need for an outlet for things too personal to share with anyone, particularly those I'm closest to, and if I write in a public space - well, you might just happen along and find it someday. And you might be hurt or confused or upset at the things I say. We can't have that, now can we? Additionally, there's some appeal to always having the diary with me, at my side, and being able to write in it anytime any place, regardless of net access.

I am also started an accounting notebook and a calendar. There's room in my purse now for all of them, and everything is nicely organized. I feel strangely at peace, having done all this.

Tonight I'm going to go through all the old mail I've been ignoring for months. Catch up on bills, make sure I get change of address notice out to everyone I should get it to, copy all my accounting information over into my accounting notebook - exciting, exciting. Bet you wish you could be sharing this with me.

No comments: