Saturday, June 14, 2003

Just so that I keep from letting this degenerate into a "everything sucks, my life is shit" sort of blog, I thought I'd mention that the night before last was a pretty damn good night. I opened and closed the Russian Center dance since Chris was off at the Harlem Jazz Dance Festival. That went pretty smoothly. The substitute teachers were good and the DJs were good. The music was all pretty fast, a bit much for the venue (not that there can't be fast at the RC, but I think more of a mix might have fit better). I enjoyed myself.

Then, after the dance, Kevin mentioned that Solomon was having people over to his host's house for after-hours blues. Mary, Kevin, Miles and I all tagged along, and the five of us blues danced the night away until 6 or 7 in the morning. Penny, his host, danced with us as well until 5 am or so. It was heavenly. I've not done much in the way of blues dancing before. It was a good time. Mary enjoyed herself, too. All good.

No comments: