Tuesday, September 30, 2003

I want to see The Annihilation of Fish. I was browsing Seattle CitySearch in my quest last night to remember all the recent movies I've been wanting to see so that I could put them on my netflix list, and I came across this one. I had never heard of it, but the reviews on the site raved about it. Since then, I've found any number of positive, rave reviews while searching the web. But, despite listing it under their current movies, CitySearch doesn't list any showtimes for the movie, anywhere.

Amazon knows about the movie, but doesn't have it in stock.

It's not even on Ebay.

Nobody has it in stock.

It has frigging James Earl Jones in it! Talk about big names... why can't I find it anywhere?

I found the official website. It looks like it played at all sorts of film festivals when it first came out, back in 1999 and in 2000, and then I don't know what happened to it. People saw it -- all sorts of folks talk about it on the web -- but it's not available ANYWHERE. I even tried Kazaa, and nothing there.

Bah.

Stupid limited releases.

Stupid CitySearch, what a tease.

No comments: