Friday, March 05, 2004

The apple cider guy was on my bus again this morning. I walked by him when I noticed him, even though the seat next to him was empty. I had my pastels and a little notebook out -- was planning on drawing during the bus ride, and that's not something I'm accustomed to sharing with people I know. Also, somehow, I've gotten so used to being in my own little world on the bus. Not talking to anyone, not really seeing the other people around me. It's hard to break habits like that.

As I was about to sit in a seat by myself, though, I changed my mind and went back to sit next to him.

I still drew for a large part of the ride. Sketched some guy sitting up near the front of the bus.

Apple cider guy asked about the drawing toward the end of the ride, as I was putting it away. He said he hadn't wanted to look, but he hadn't been able to help himself. We chatted for another minute or so, and then the bus hit our stop.

I think he usually rides a little later in the morning than I do. He's cool though; I wouldn't mind riding the same bus more often.

No comments: