Wednesday, January 12, 2005

The New York Times Magazine recently posted an article about toxicity of breast milk. Interesting reading, and good stuff to think about given that I plan to breastfeed if I ever mother children. All the same, continually reading about stuff like this may be somewhat akin to picking at a wound... I can worry, worry, worry about all the chemicals building up in all of our systems, about exposure to flame retardants, to teflon, to chemicals that were banned before I was born but are still being passed through the food chain and building up in my body, but what can I do about any of it? Yes, I am getting my amalgamated fillings taken out, but there's still everything else in the world affecting me, my environment, the food I eat. Crazy to think about.

No comments: