Friday, February 07, 2014

Running while 6 1/2 months pregnant

So I ran to catch a bus today, in the rain. Up a hill, then down the other side again. Then down some stairs and up an incline. Running is not easy with this huge awkward belly, and if the physical spectacle it makes isn't enough, it also makes my pants fall down. I have grasp and hold them up while I run to retain some small bit of modesty.

I got to the stop 20 or 30 seconds before the bus pulled up, but did that sadistic bus driver actually stop the bus? No. He kept driving past, so I had to run again, after the bus, one hand grasping to keep my pants on, the other flailing in a bid for him to actually stop. Which he did. Finally. So very gracious of him.

In other news, some woman with her 8 or 9 year old boy in tow gave me the evil eye several times at a bus stop a bit later in the day, with the brunt of her glare always directed at my stomach. It was like my pregnancy mortally offended her. I wasn't really sure what to make of it.

No comments: