Monday, February 17, 2003

After finding that, in the last 4 days, TurboTax's live chat system has changed such that it now costs more for one session than the entire amount of the refund I'm seeking, and after filling out a few more web forms only to get more stock responses directing me to web chat (despite the customer support FAQ indicating the forms as being the correct line of action to take), I gave up.

I filed an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau detailing all my woes, and although that doesn't change anything, I feel much better now. I'm ready to move on with my life.

Petty? Yes.

But if I feel like a load is off my chest now as a result, is it really all that bad? Intuit charged me more than they should have and has subsequently wasted my time and given me no end of frustration. It may all be over a trivial amount of money, but it's still not a good way to run a business.

On to new and better things...

No comments: