Wednesday, September 17, 2003

My name was lost, and now is found.

Another Kathryn joined my group this week. She does essentially the same job I do. And she goes by Kathryn, no nicknames. I've always preferred Kathryn at work -- I like the formality -- but now it's starting to get confusing.

So today I called up the Company_B helpdesk to have them change my display name on the network to Kathy, and I started signing my emails as Kathy, as well. Crazy. I feel like a different person.

I decided to go with Kathy at work instead of Kat, even though Kat seems to be my preferred name socially right now -- I wanted some separation from my social life. At work, I'm Kathy. And it's just my job, not my life. When I go home at the end of the day, I'll be someone else, and that's where the living will begin.

No comments: