Thursday, September 04, 2003

So, hey. I have a question for y'all --

It is no secret that I am less than enamoured with Mr_X0. I feel that with his constant questions, his loud, frequent non-work phone calls, and the requests he makes for me to do this or do that, he negatively affects my productivity.

Additionally, someone came to the office today to ask me a question, and he kept stepping into the conversation and trying to answer it for me. Not only was that rude and annoying, but his answer was not helpful and was even misleading. I actually had information to share with the woman to answer her question, but he made it very difficult for me to do that.

Are these things that I should bring up with my boss and/or his boss? (I'm thinking of his and my managers at the contracting firm, not our manager here at Company_B.) I don't want to be bitchy and to complain needlessly, and I don't want to come off sounding to them as if I'm just a whiner. At what point is it appropriate to escallate the problem, who should I escallate it to, and to what degree should I elaborate on the problem?

I have a commenting system. If you have any advice, please leave a comment or send me and email to let me know what you think.

No comments: