Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Do you ever go through phases where you just don't want to be around your friends? Where even the people you are closest to grate on your nerves like nails on a blackboard?

Yeah.

I'm going through a super-antisocial phase. Often recently I find I don't want to be around people at all, especially my closest friends. But they expect that I'll spend this time with them and spend that time with them and there are all these commitments that they sign me up for and assume I'll go along with, and I do, so I'm around them all the time, but all the while I feel some craziness simmering inside me where nobody can see. I don't want to go anywhere, do anything, be around anybody, and I'll draw boundaries so that I'm not for a while, but then I always am again and there it is.

I'm not sure what's up with that.

I rarely get a night to myself, and when I do, it's never enough. I don't know how to make it enough. Do I need to just go into hermit-mode for a few days? A week? However long? Or would that only serve to exacerbate the problem?

No comments: