Thursday, December 04, 2003

Have I mentioned that I am doing something different for Christmas this year?

I'm going to fly my mother, father, and youngest sister out to visit with Mary and I. This will be my first Christmas season ever where I don't spend any time in the midwest.

I offered to fly my brother's girlfriend, as well, but she wasn't sure she'd have time enough off of work. I did not get a ticket for my brother because although there is a chance he will be back from Iraq by then, nothing is certain.

My reasons for doing this are two-fold:

First off, Mary is looking for a job. She's afraid that many places looking to hire would mainly be interested in hiring extra help for the holidays, and was afraid that she might end up being unable to head back home. She's much happier now that I'm bringing home to her.

The second reason is a little more selfish. For the last four years, I always spent at least part of the holiday season with Jeremy and his family. I really liked his family and I enjoyed spending time with them once a year, and I also cherished the time with him. We aren't dating any more and haven't been for some time now, but I will still miss the time spent with him over in Wisconsin. I guess I figured that if I shake things up, change around my holiday routine, I won't notice the other changes quite as much and there will be less danger of suffering from a bout of nostalgic holiday blues.

So, Christmas in Seattle! Joy, joy, joy.

No comments: