Friday, February 28, 2003

A response from my grandmother to the rice forward:

I have seen that, Kathy, but thanks for sending it. I read in the paper the other day that people all over the country were sending their bags of rice, but the white House wouldn't say how many had arrived. In one post office some bags burst open and messed up the automated postal machinery. I've been busy the last two weeks with another version of protest. A group of friends are enlisting people to sign a paper with twelve good reasons why the U.S. should not attack Iraq. The paper and names will be published in the local paper next week as well as sent on to the president and congress persons. I also took part in the virtual protest through e-mail and telephoning last week. Did you know about that one? I guess they were innudated with calls and mail.

No comments: