Monday, October 27, 2003

Had a bit of a sore throat this morning, so I brought in honey and lemon juice for my tea. I love honey! With all the buzz about sugar being so bad for you, I don't understand why people don't use honey more often as a sweetener, instead of sugar. It doesn't cause the same rapid rise and fall of blood sugar levels as white sugar does -- it has actually has very beneficial properties. Apparently it is also effective as a balm, acting an anti-inflamitory and assisting healing when applied directly to wounds. Hooray for bees.

I should also maybe look into sea salt as a salt alternative, and olive oil as a butter substitute. Actually, in general, I'd like to think more about all of the foods I eat, and all of the ingredients in the food I prepare. I've just been too lazy up to this point. I should stock up on some healthful reading for my morning and afternoon bus trips and really use that time.

No comments: