Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Yesterday, the power was off in my work building in the morning. I was around when it came back on and I didn't have anything better to do, so I decided to just stick around and work even though everybody else was gone and I could have taken the day off too.

Early in the afternoon Jaimes called me to ask if I wanted to do a private lesson that night. I couldn't, but it turned out he was sitting around bored right then, so I took the rest of the day off and went to hang with him. It felt crazy just up and leaving so early in the day, but good. Sometimes I need a little craziness in my life. The buses aren't as regular in the middle of the day, so I ran over a mile to my stop to catch the next bus into the city -- otherwise I would have had to wait another 30 minutes -- and I got to the stop JUST as the bus was pulling in. I was really proud of myself. Figured out the transfers and such to get to the place Jaimes and Rachel are staying, and then hung out with him for a long time.

Jaimes is staying with some of Rachel's extended family and playing nanny to the kids while he and she live there. After I'd been over half an hour or so, we went to pick Nathaniel, the 8 year old, up from school. Such a cute kid! Played with him a while, then we went to drop him off at choir practice. While he was practicing, Jaimes and I went to a guitar store. Apparently Nathaniel wants to be a "rock star" for Halloween and maybe even for life, so Jaimes and a friend are going in together to get the kid a guitar. Fun fun fun. We also went to see the house that Jaimes, Rachel, and John are going to move into soon. There's an extra bedroom, and Jaimes was trying to convince me that I should move in and take it -- part of me really wishes that I didn't have the menagerie tying me down so that I could do things like that. Ah well. Always constrained later on by the choices we make, and I've made some crazy choices.

It was a really nice afternoon. Then that night Kristi and I had dinner together and watched Haibane Renmei. Good times all over.

No comments: