Thursday, December 25, 2003

Nightmares again last night. I dreamed that I found a half-naked, semi-conscious young girl in a field behind a university building, covered in blood and mucus, having been raped. She was muttering something about a 2 year old, leading me to believe that she had gotten into this condition trying to help a tiny child who was being terribly abused.

I had been walking with someone and got them to sit with her, and I then ran to the security desk in the building to call 911. I kept trying to call 911, but it kept going to civilian phones, and more than that, to people I knew. To the voicemail of friends, to my family. And they were alll being unhelpful, shallow, saying poisonous things. Then there were people who, instead of helping, were just standing around disparaging the girl. I was so desperate to get her help but could not manage it.

Why do I dream things like that? I'm still a little tense, even though I've been awake 15-20 min.

No comments: