Sunday, December 14, 2003

Today, I was a super-dork.

I went to Target this afternoon -- shopped for general household supplies I've been needing to pick up for some time, and did a bit of Christmas shopping. Several hours passed before I was ready to go, and by then my legs were aching and I was encumbered by a shopping cart full of stuff that I needed to lug to my car. The bags weren't packed into the cart very well, and every once in a while something would fall out. I was getting all flustered trying to keep everything together. I finally got down to the level of the parking garage that I remembered having parked my car on -- and it wasn't there. My car was not there! I ran up a level to see if I had remembered wrong, but it wasn't there either. It also wasn't two levels up or one level down from where I remembered parking it. I was getting super stressed out, and there was this cart full of stuff that I had to leave behind every time I ran up or down a flight of stairs to search for my car.

I finally went into the Target customer service area to ask if I could leave the cart there while I figured things out. They said sure, and then they called their security, who in turn called parking security to come and help me.

I was really starting to freak out. Could my car have gotten towed somehow? What if it was stolen? Was there anything in it that I really cared about? My dance shoes and my little black notebook were both in there - crud. I sat stressing out for maybe 10 minutes, and still no sign of parking security. Then, on a whim, I ran to check TWO floors down from where I remembered having parked my car.

Golly gee, there it was.

I'm such a dumbass.

No comments: