Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Apparently I can blame all my disastrous relationships on my sun sign and just be glad I did not marry into any of them: "In your personal relationships Arians are frank, direct and candid, and make enthusiastic and generous friends. You are liable to have a high sex drive and make passionate but fastidious lovers. . .The intensity of your sexual urges can drive you to promiscuity and a Don Juan-like counting of conquests of the opposite sex. It can also trick you into early unwise marriage which may end disastrously."

It's actually a little disconcerting how strongly I relate to much of what the site pegs as "Aries" behavior. I mean, it's all pretty generic, but the traits they emphasize, both positive and negative, are some of the strongest traits I see influencing my own life right now. A fondness for extremes, a penchant for pushing the bounds of social acceptability, a need to take control, and a problem with taking directions for which I can see no reason or with which I disagree. A strong need for freedom to act, a wanting for straightforwardness, and a need to avoid negative emotions such as regret and self-pity. Even the physical ailments hit right on the head. I don't buy much into astrology, but it's interesting to ponder.

No comments: