Monday, March 15, 2004

You know those silly email surveys that people send all about? The "I'll answer a million generic questions so you can get to know me" sort of surveys? I am not a huge fan and I almost never do them. Only I did one today, as part of an email exchange with someone I'm trying to get to know better, and because I haven't been blogging much lately I've decided to post it here. It's something, anyhow.
  • Full Name: Kathryn Anisette Krueger (My parents thought they made the middle name up - "Ann" combined with a French suffix meaning little, so "Little Ann" - but it turns out to also be the name of a black liquorice-flavored liquor.)

  • Where Were You Born?: Rochester, MN

  • Siblings:
    • Leroy. 23, living in Duluth, MN. Is in the Army Reserves and was shipped off to Iraq for a year, got back this Christmas. Just proposed to his girlfriend and will be getting married sometime this coming winter.
    • Mary. 20, living here in Seattle. Attends the Art Institute of Seattle and is studying in their Culinary program.
    • Susan. 18, still at home with the folks attending her senior year of high school. Heading off to Spain for the summer and then going to attend college somewhere in the Midwest.

  • Favorite TV Show: West Wing and/or Law and Order (just the original, not the spin-offs), although I haven't watched either in years.

  • What Is On Your Mouse Pad?: I use laser mice so I don't need a mouse pad. Developed a bit of carpal tunnel in the last few years, which makes mice with balls impractical and ultimately painful.

  • Favorite Board Game: I prefer cards. Canasta and Spades turn me on.

  • Favorite Magazine: Dell Logic Puzzles

  • Favorite Smells: Outdoors just after a rainstorm or a heavy snowfall. Freshly brewed coffee. Smoke from campfires.

  • Favorite Soundtrack: Brokedown Palace

  • What Do You Think About Ouija Boards?: I don't use them.

  • What Is The First Thing You Think Of When You Awake In The Morning?: Ugh! I hate mornings! Make it stop! Make my life not suck so much! Why...do...I...have...to...get...up?! I hate my life. I hate having a job. I just want to sleep.

  • Do You Get Motion Sickness?: Yes. Especially when I'm already under the weather with something else.

  • Roller Coasters-Scary Or Exciting?: I wish I could be one of the people who samples and rides and judges roller coasters for a living. Ride them all day, every day...

  • Pen Or Pencil?: Pen for writing, pencil for sketching.

  • How Many Rings Before You Answer The Phone?: Depends on who is calling, what my mood is, and what else I am doing. Sometimes I just won't answer at all.

  • Favorite Foods: Sushi. Steak, medium rare on the rare side. Steamed bananas in coconut milk. Thai curries.

  • Chocolate Or Vanilla?: Coffee.

  • Favorite Ice Cream: Coffee. Peppermint Bon Bon.

  • Do You Like To Drive?: In Minnesota? - yes. In Seattle? - generally, no. I hate traffic. I like long open roads, the windows down, the wind whipping through the car as I navigate the roads. Seattle traffic is too crappy to allow much of that.

  • Do You Sleep With Stuffed Animals?: Sometimes.

  • Storms-Cool Or Scary?: I love a good storm. I really miss extreme electrical storms -- we never get those in Seattle.

  • Favorite Poet: Still working on figuring that out.

  • If You Could Meet One Person Dead Or Alive, Who Would It Be?: Not sure.

  • Favorite Alcoholic Drink: A good merlot, or maybe a nice warm sake.

  • Do You Eat The Stems of Broccoli?: Yes.

  • Would You Ever Ask A Guy For His Shirt?: Umm...

  • If You Could Have Any Job You Wanted, What Would It Be?: I'd teach tango part time, work with kids part time, and maybe do massage therapy for a small set of recurring customers.

  • If You Could Dye Your Hair Any Color, What Would It Be?: I've dyed it red, I've dyed it black, but right now I'm happy with brown.

  • Have You Ever Been In Love?: Yes.

  • What Is On The Walls Of Your Room?: I'm working on finding some nice tapestries... they're pretty bare-bones right now.

  • Are You A Lefty, Righty, or Ambidextrous?: Although I used to take my handwriting assignments home as a child and repeat them using my left hand so that I could switch when desired, I was never able to use my left as well or as freely as my right. Still a righty.

  • Do You Type With Your Fingers On The Right Keys?: Generally, yes.

  • What's Under Your Bed?: A folded up dog-kennel. Louie hopes it stays there forever; he doesn't want to see it ever again.

  • What's Your Favorite Number?: 13.

  • What's Your Favorite Color?: Green for wearing. Olive greens in particular, or any green with more yellow tinge than blue. Yellows and reds and blues for surrounding myself with. Or orange sometimes. A number of colors, in fact. I love colors, especially bright vibrant colors overlaid on nice textures.

  • Favorite Sport To Watch?: I love playing Ultimate Frisbee, but am not so into watching any sport. Unless you count ice skating competitions or dance competitions, which I could watch all the day long.

  • Did You Enjoy This Survey?: Depends how you define "enjoy".

No comments: