Sunday, February 09, 2003

Man, I'm feeling low.

I came home to find that my dog had been digging in the kitchen again. This is his latest thing; when I'm gone and he's bored, he goes digging around the counters and such. It's happened five times in the last week. He gets into stuff all bagged/boxed tightly, tucked away - he really, really digs for it. Today he found an old bag of malted milk balls and went to town.

So I was feeling pretty frustrated. And I really scolded him. And he was so scared of me that he pissed himself.

For those of you that don't know, I got my dog almost a year ago as an adult dog, five years old. At least one of the homes he's been at before was a pretty bad one, and I'm positive that he's been abused. We've come a long way; he really trusts me and is completely devoted.

For me to have scared him so much...

Sigh.

It sucks. I just don't know how to break him of this habit, and I'm worried that he's going to find and eat something really bad for him someday and make himself seriously ill.

I don't want to scare the piss out of him, no pun intended. I just want not to have to worry.

I feel so bad. :(

No comments: