Tuesday, January 27, 2004

All in all, everything went extraordinarily well with my oral surgery. I'm in a great mood.

I made the right decision about going with just local anesthetic. The oral surgeon said that I was a great patient; one of the calmest they've had. I was amazed at how quickly and effortlessly the whole procedure was. It was a little strange, hearing the bone cracking and seeing my blood on his gloves, but it didn't phase me at all. They had a little with some of the roots breaking off, and needed to work a bit on those to grab the leftover pieces. My lower left side will probably ache a bit because that was the worst of the bunch.

Overall, I don't think it took more than a minute for him to extract any one tooth. Very little effort at all on their part.

I kind of wanted to keep the teeth, but they donate them to the UW medical school and the assistant said they might find mine particularly interesting because they had the longest, thinnest roots they've ever seen.

They gave me a prescription for Vicodin, but I haven't filled it yet. The anesthetic is starting to wear off already, and I'm just going to wait and see how I feel once it's all worn off. I might be okay with just Advil, or with no painkillers at all. We'll see.

Time to head back to work...

No comments: