Friday, February 06, 2004

Have you ever had an established friendship morph into something deeper? You already know and like the other person, and you're happy with the terms on which you relate, but suddenly you're connecting with them on an entirely new level. Note that this is different than an acquaintance morphing into a friend.

This has happened to two of my friendships recently.

I wonder -- how much coincidence is it? This morphing of friendships doesn't happen often for me, and it's happening in multiplicity right now. Am I putting out a different vibe? Relating to people in subtly different ways that are perhaps more inviting? Or is it really just an odd coincidence that the two instances happened so close together?

Whatever the case, I am glad for these particular instances. I look forward to the growth of our friendships, to exploring uncharted territory.

No comments: