Saturday, January 10, 2004

I'm using Pine for my mail again for the first time in 8 years or so. I missed Pine.

I also miss the days when I used to connect to the Internet through a BBS. Back then I was always connected alongside a community of people, almost all of whom I knew. I'd learn how to do cool things by constantly checking to see what commands other people were using, and particularly watching the commands of the people who knew their $h\+. I'd figure stuff out by browsing into other people's home directories and checking out their config files, trying the same settings out on my own to see what they did. Whenever I found anything really cool, I'd make sure to write it down in my trusty yellow notebook which I always kept handy.

It's just me on this sad little box. Nobody to learn from, noone to inspire me.

No comments: