Thursday, January 01, 2004

My New Year's Resolution:

I resolve to raise the bar for friends and lovers. I need to respect myself and to believe that I deserve friends who will treat me well.

There has to be a minimum set of expectations to which I can hold people who wish to be an important part of my life. If they are not willing to put a good faith effort into living up to those expectations, I must find a way to move on.

Right now, I feel that I have the almost stupid, undying loyalty of a dog. Kick me, curse me, spit on me, and I will still come running back with my tail between my legs. As Brian said to me, this can be a good trait if it is reserved for only the best of people, the few real and decent individuals you bump into and make friends. It is not healthy, however, for me to be indiscriminate about who I give that sort of loyalty to.


No comments: